Sunday, January 2, 2011

Couponing

So, I have decided to join many of the fabulous moms that I know and start seriously couponing.  I have always tried to hang on to the odd coupon I pick up here or there and I consistently pick up the ads for my local grocery store before a shopping trip but I have never really focused on collecting and using them judiciously.  But a couple of weeks ago I happened to be standing in line behind a SERIOUS coupon user and watched her save over $50 off of her total.  She ended up paying only about $75 for $150 worth of groceries.  I tell you, I was inspired. 

This kind lady let me chat her up while we were both packing our groceries and she gave me a few tips.  One of them was to save my manufacturers coupons for when items are put on clearance...like after the holidays.  What great advice!  Today I picked up a Glade candle for only $0.33!  Originally this would have cost around $4 but because it was a holiday scent Walmart wanted it off of their shelves.  They were charging $2.33 for it and I had a manufacturers coupon for $2 off.  This "holiday" candle is actually just apple cinnamon in a holder with a snowflake design on it...not a problem for me.  Especially when it only cost me $0.33!  I am really excited about this new (to me) way to stretch our family's money!

No comments:

Post a Comment